The I-130 petition is the first step in the process of helping a family member become a Permanent Resident of the United States.  I-130 petitions can be filed for spouses, parents, children, or siblings.  After you have an approved I-130 petition, your family member can either file for Adjustment of Status within the U.S., or consular processing in their home country, depending which one they qualify for.  To find out how you can help your family members become Permanent Residents of the U.S., call today for a consultation with the attorney.