Attorney Carballo has won immigration waivers for literally hundreds of clients.  Waivers are often referred to as "perdons" in Spanish.  Before you start a waiver process, you need your case to be analyzed by an experienced immigration attorney.  Often times there are adjustments that need to be made, or evidence you need to obtain in order to make your waiver as strong as possible.  Call today to schedule a waiver consultation with Attorney Carballo.   


Adjustment of Status is the legal name for the process of applying for Permanent Residency inside of the United States, without having to leave the country.  Typically, those who qualify for Adjustment of Status are people who entered with a visa, but there are some exceptions to this rule.   In the Los Angeles area, a typical Adjustment of Status case takes about 12 months, but you receive a work permit within the first 5 months.  Call today to see if you qualify.  


The I-130 petition is the first step in the process of helping a family member become a Permanent Resident of the United States.  I-130 petitions can be filed for spouses, parents, children, or siblings.  After you have an approved I-130 petition, your family member can either file for Adjustment of Status within the U.S., or consular processing in their home country, depending which one they qualify for.  To find out how you can help your family members become Permanent Residents of the U.S., call today for a consultation with the attorney.  


The U-visa program allows victims of certain crimes to apply for a visa if they helped law enforcement with the investigation or prosecution of the case.  The first step is to obtain a U-visa certification from law enforcement or the prosecutor.  The second step is applying with USCIS.  After obtaining U-visa status, and maintaining it for 3 years, it may be possible to apply for Permanent Resident status.  

VAWA (domestic violence)

People who are abused by their U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident spouses, or people who are abused by their U.S. citizen or Permanent children, may qualify for a VAWA self-petition.  A VAWA self-petition allows you to apply for immigration relief without the assistance of your abusive family member.  Once your VAWA petition is approved, it is possible to obtain a work permit, or apply for Permanent Resident status.  


If you have had your Permanent Resident status for 5 years (or 3 years if you obtained it through marriage to a U.S. citizen, and you still live together) and you believe your are eligible for U.S. citizenship, call us today to see if you meet all the other requirements for citizenship.  For applicants with criminal records, it is imperative that you consult with an immigration lawyer before applying for U.S. citizenship. 


If you want to help your family members immigrate to the U.S. and they are currently in their home country, you need help navigating the complicated consular processing system.  The first step in the process is an I-130 petition, then the case is transferred to the National Visa Center, then finally  the case is forwarded to the U.S. embassy in your family's home country.  Call today to consult with the attorney about your family's case.