The U-visa program allows victims of certain crimes to apply for a visa if they helped law enforcement with the investigation or prosecution of the case.  The first step is to obtain a U-visa certification from law enforcement or the prosecutor.  The second step is applying with USCIS.  After obtaining U-visa status, and maintaining it for 3 years, it may be possible to apply for Permanent Resident status.  

©2019 The Law Office of Sherwin C. Carballo. Proudly created with Wix.com